An update post on where to eat in Camberwell is long due! And as part of my ‘support your locals’ I’ve been trying out more and more places located between Loughborough Junction and St Giles’ Church.
Today I’m sharing some of my favourite places to eat, drink and feast in Camberwell!
Best Places For Coffee & Lunch/Brunch in Camberwell – Lumberjack Cafe – Mono Camberwell – Irene Cafe – Lovewalk – Brunchies – Gladwell’s – Grove Lane Deli
The folks at Lumberjack do make a mean latte and their lunch offer (quiches, sandwiches and salads) are pretty brilliant too.
Get your well-earned caffeine kick at Mono and you’ll find it impossible to turn down one of their must-have orange cakes to go.
Irene Cafe is the new kid on the block and in addition to their great coffee in cute yellow cups I also can recommend the moreish Erbazzone.
Whether it’s a quick coffee or a juice alongside a delicious breakfast or lunch goodies, Lovewalk is the place to go.
If Lovewalk is busy, head down to Brunchies, who serve some of the best breakfasts in Camberwell and have an outdoor back garden.
Gladwell’s is the new kid on the block: a deli, grocery store and a wine vault all located in a beautiful former Grade II listed bank building. If you’re looking for lunch to-go, try their moreish smoked salmon and cream cheese or egg salad bagels.
Another deli recently opened its doors in Camberwell: Grove Lane Deli is located in the former The Hill Bakery and offers a wide range of pastries and cakes made in house, as well as coffee and a little deli section for you to stock up on organic essentials.
Heading towards Brixton, you’ve got the slick coffee experts at Four Boroughs, the cosy workspace and pastries of Caya and superb food/coffee offerings of Annapurna.
Munch Your Way Around These Places In Camberwell – Lunch at Falafel & Shawarma – Momo Sushi – Nandine – Wuli Wuli
Picking the right place to eat in the Camberwell depends on what cuisine you’re in the mood for, as you can eat yourself around the world in SE5
– Falafel and Shawarma is an institution in Camberwell and you have to try their falafel wrap. And say yes to garlic and hot sauce!
– Whether you’re up for a top sushi platter, katsu curry or a poke bowl, Momo Sushi has you covered.
– Nandine’s for Kurdisch. Whichever mezze platter you go for it will be the best choice you make that day.
– If you’re happy to fork out a little more, Wuli Wuli is the place to be for delicious dim sum, noodles and dumplings.
– If you’re craving West Indies cuisine, Bread of Life has to be on your Camberwell dining bucket list. Their curries, stews AND patties (yes all the patties) are everything.
– For all beige colours and salty flavours of tasty British grub make your way to the Jazz Cafe or Camberwell Arms for a British Sunday Roast. For Fish & Chips – the other beige British food go-to Fladda.
– Flour To The People for sourdough pizza, especially if you’re after an incredible non tomato base like their Garlic Pizza. For the best calzone go to Caravaggio and for pizzas that are a bit extra head to Theo’s.
– For all the salty, sweet, sour and hot flavours of Vietnam go to Viet Cafe and treat yourself to one of the best lunches in SE5.