Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week. Many moons ago I used to share some of my favourite blog posts I’d read elsewhere. And since we’re all about sharing is caring these days I thought I’d share my top five reads from this week.
1. Now I can’t visit dusty country houses and manors I’m always happy to see when someone else posts about one I haven’t been to yet. Amanda visited and stayed at Layer Marney Tower, a historic Tudor building in Essex and shared lots and lots of lovely photos on Rhymes and Ribbons.
2. I’m an avid follower of R29’s Money Diaries and it’s always a long wait for another eagerly awaited one. Luckily for me there’s always bloggers who share their spend overviews on their blogs. This week I stumbled upon Ghenet from Ghenetactually’s insightful money diaries.
3. Margaret from M Gets Dressed has put together a great post about types of statement collars and how to wear them. I’ve often passed on a dress or shirt because I was intimidated by the very 70s or 80s collar, but in the last few years they’ve grown on me and I’m happy they’ve become mainstream now.
4. Travel blogger Annika from Midnight Blue Elephant shares her thoughts and process on deciding where to go next. And although I’m a housebound travel blogger I feel this post and the frustrations Annika went through.
5. If, just like me, you’ve bought secondhand jumpers you’ll know they often smell funky. Gillian from Uncomplicated Spaces has put together a detailed step-by-step guide that has helped me banish those weird smells. Even if you don’t need it now, you might want to bookmark this one for any future finds.
What has been your favourite blog read this week?