You think you really, really know Paris? While it’s a city known for its elegance and culture, scratch beneath the surface and you’ll find a weird, curious and downright criminal side to the French capital. The awesome folks at The Paris Pass put on their historical detective hats to uncover some of the strangest objects you’re ever likely to encounter in the museums, streets – yes … sewers – of Paris. continue reading
It’s Friday! And for the blogosphere this means its time to link back to other people’s posts (often the ones you actually wish you’d come up with yourself!). Why do we do this? Mainly because traffic wise Friday seems to be the worst day to share new original content. So, here is my five pence worth. continue reading
1. The Florida Keys is a group of islands, made up of roughly 1700 small and a couple of larger islands off the south coast of Florida. They are connected with each other by the US Highway 1. A large amount of the route, which ends in Key West, is over bridges. It is a surreal experience when you travel the route for the first time, one of these bridges is 10.931 metres long and for a long time it was the longest bridge in the world. The last island which you can reach by car is the tourist hotspot of Key West, where it feels as if time has stood still and where you can see how things were done back in the day.
2. Orlando is mainly popular due to its theme parks, like Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Studios Florida and a number of waterparks. You can easily spend a few days here. You don’t want to waste any time waiting in line make sure to purchase Orlando theme park tickets ahead. Another must see attraction is the Orlando Science Center, an interactive museum with many things to see and do surrounding science and technology.
3. In the coastal city of Naples is the ultimate beach setting and a pleasant shopping street, however one thing you must visit is a day trip to the Everglades. The Everglades are tropical wetlands where lots of wildlife lives. You have your Florida Panthers, a wide variety of snakes (eeeeks) and it’s apparently a birdwatchers paradise.
4. St. Augustine is a small place on the east coast of Florida is the oldest place in America, being 450 years old. St. Augustine is a tourist hotspot due to the old colonial buildings and the atmosphere of the town.
5. Flоrіdа іѕ a Mесса fоr ѕсubа dіvеrѕ from all оvеr thе world. Flоrіdа арреаlѕ to аdvаnсеd dіvеrѕ, аѕ іt offers several еxtrеmе diving орроrtunіtіеѕ, ѕuсh аѕ саvе and wrесk dіvіng. Thе Benwood, the Duаnnе and thе Bіbb are some of thе most рорulаr wrесkѕ tо dive іn Flоrіdа. Thе Benwood іѕ a World Wаr II frеіghtеr that sunk іn 1942 near Elbо Reef аt Kеу Lаrgо. Thе wrесk іѕ ѕhаllоw еnоugh tо mаkе іt an ассеѕѕіblе dіvе fоr аll ѕkіll lеvеlѕ. Thе Duаnnе аnd the Bіbb are іntеrеѕtіng іn thаt thеу were intentionally ѕunk bу thе US. Thе dерth оf thеѕе vеѕѕеlѕ means thаt they аrе suited to mоrе аdvаnсеd dіvеrѕ.
Happy Hamburger Day Ya’ll! Here is just an excuse to share some of my burger loves and loathes. continue reading
This summer the latest addition to Fulhams vibrant drinking and dining scene, Ice & Slice by Shot, will be launching their brand-new ice cream bar featuring alcoholic gelato. Shots cocktail hour is already legendary, now Ice & Slice will offer customers a chance to try their favourite aperitivo as a unique and creative gelato. Flavours will include Prosecco, Negroni and Aperol Spritz. These new flavours will be the perfect way to cool down, relax and enjoy a summer tipple.
The ice cream bar will offer guests the chance to try something totally different and combine a love for cocktails and prosecco with everyones favourite summer treat, gelato.
Ice & Slice is the second project from the talented team behind Shot Espresso, which is located directly opposite the new venue, a stones throw from Fulham Broadway. Gelato is made daily on the premises and comes in a variety of both classic and quirky flavours with everything from Salted Caramel, Tiramisu and Mixed Berries to Violet Rose and Crunchy Corn Flakes.
The shop is fully licensed and offers two house wines and two house beers on tap and also houses a mini-patisserie kitchen that makes the pastries and cakes served in Shot Espresso. Sweet delicacies include Profiteroles, Macaroons, Orange Polenta and a whole range of classic cakes. Shots third project Bistro recently opened in Parsons Green and is fast becoming a neighbourhood gem.
Soak up the summer sun at Ice & Slice
Ice & Slice by Shot
24 Jerdan Place,